Today we continued our review for our benchmarks tomorrow (1st and 4th periods) and Wednesday (6th & 7th periods). We also had a chance to work on missing Pluto projects and formation essays.
As you study, be sure to check out the second semester syllabus.
Also, you can use these slideshows to help you study. Do not forget to study air masses and fronts. These were covered on our epic front project. You can go over the notes here.
Make Up Assignments:
- Warm Up – Page 156: 1. What are the four ingredients that are needed to form hurricanes? 2. When do most tornadoes form?
- Passed back and discussed fronts quiz. Remember, if you are not happy with your grade, you will have an opportunity to retake the quiz after tomorrow’s interim.
- Finished storms and climate notes.
- Reviewed for interim. As discussed in class, you should use your syllabus to help you study for the interim. Additionally, I found these resources from another school: study guide, study resources
Homework: Study for tomorrow’s science interim. I will also be checking last night’s homework tomorrow (reflection on page 155 for the notes on page 154)
- Warm Up – Page 144: Are you ready to film? Why or why not? What is your plan to make your project epic?
- Announcements: Interim exams are next week on Thursday and Friday.
- Work on projects and filming
Homework: If you plan to retake the weather factors test, the reteach is on Wednesday and the retake is on Thursday. If you cannot make either of these days, please let me know so we can make alternate arrangements.
- Warm Up – Page 117: Complete “L” of KWL chart on the atmosphere.
- Turn in Land and Water Heating Rates Lab
- Discussed test composition (see slide show below)
- Around the World review game (see slide show below for the game questions)
Today’s slide show is below the cut. Continue reading
- Warm Up: Page 136. Use your notes to answer these questions. 1. What causes the unequal heating of the Earth? 2. What causes wind? 3. What are the two types of wind?
- Land and Water Heating Rates Lab
Homework: Atmosphere and Weather Factors test on Thursday
- Warm Up – Page 130: How do clouds form?
- Returned ocean floor model projects/grades. Great job everyone!
- Cloud Chart (1 &4) or cloud notes (6 & 7). If you did not complete your cloud chapter map and questions, please finish it tonight. Read pages 545-550 and complete a chapter map on page 13o. Answer the section review questions on page 131. This is only for sixth and seventh periods.
Homework: Blog post summary due on Monday (any activity from the week)