Today we continued our review for our benchmarks tomorrow (1st and 4th periods) and Wednesday (6th & 7th periods). We also had a chance to work on missing Pluto projects and formation essays.
As you study, be sure to check out the second semester syllabus.
Also, you can use these slideshows to help you study. Do not forget to study air masses and fronts. These were covered on our epic front project. You can go over the notes here.
Make Up Assignments:
- Warm Up – Page 156: 1. What are the four ingredients that are needed to form hurricanes? 2. When do most tornadoes form?
- Passed back and discussed fronts quiz. Remember, if you are not happy with your grade, you will have an opportunity to retake the quiz after tomorrow’s interim.
- Finished storms and climate notes.
- Reviewed for interim. As discussed in class, you should use your syllabus to help you study for the interim. Additionally, I found these resources from another school: study guide, study resources
Homework: Study for tomorrow’s science interim. I will also be checking last night’s homework tomorrow (reflection on page 155 for the notes on page 154)
- Warm Up – Page 117: Complete “L” of KWL chart on the atmosphere.
- Turn in Land and Water Heating Rates Lab
- Discussed test composition (see slide show below)
- Around the World review game (see slide show below for the game questions)
Today’s slide show is below the cut. Continue reading
- Warm Up – Page 126: Where does the energy that affects the Earth’s weather come from?
- Completed reflection questions regarding Earth’s atmospheric pressure.
- Heat transfer notes and demonstration.
Homework: Complete a one paragraph summary post about a lesson from class this week. Post it to your blog. Due Monday.
- Warm Up – Page 124: Copy today’s date and EQ. Answer: Why is atmospheric pressure important to you?
- Completed reflection questions from Friday. (See slideshow in Friday’s post for the questions.)
- Air Pressure and You discussion/notes/video. (See slideshow below.)
Homework: Complete a one paragraph blog post summarizing something we have done in class this week by next Monday.
There is an optional science fair meeting tomorrow morning in the classroom for the participants going to the regional fair. We will be talking about what to wear, interviewing, and making your display board stand out.
- Warm Up – Page 120. What is the atmosphere? Copy today’s date and EQ.
- Announcements. Reteaching for the Hydrology Retest is a handout. The retake is on Wednesday, and you need the paper completed as your “ticket” to the retake. Hydrology Reteach Form
- Atmosphere composition notes.
- Reflection activity – atmosphere advertisement on page 121.
Homework: If you are applying for the space camp scholarship, the application deadline is tomorrow. Space Camp Scholarship
- Warm Up – Page 118: Copy then answer today’s EQ.
- Passed back and discussed hydrology test.
- Air has mass demonstrations. Wrote observations and explanations on page 118 in our notebooks.
- Air in a beaker
- Candles in a jar
- Candles in a jar in water
- Imploding can (I’ll show you the video tomorrow since we had difficulties getting this to work today.)
- Warm Up – Complete Atmosphere cover page and KWL from yesterday.
- Atmosphere introduction. (Brainpop)
- Completed work on our team patches. If you team did not finish, make sure you get your final patch to me by Friday.
- Warm Up – Study for 8 minutes.
- Hydrology Test
- Create an “Atmosphere” cover page on page 116 in your notebook.
- Atmosphere KWL in your notebook. Fill in the K and W.