- Warm Up – Copy today’s date and EQ on page 182. How did the solar system form? How did the universe form?
- Stellar evolution card sorting to determine the life cycle of stars.
- Began looking at data set for the formation of the universe and solar system.
- Warm Up – Page 180: Copy today’s date and EQ.
- Announcements: remember, Pluto project is due Monday. If you come in early for tutoring or to retake a test, please make sure you get a pass signed by me.
- Spring Sky Watch Challenge Week 3, Level 3: Participate in the Globe at Night project.
- Discussed and read about quiet.
- Began first part of Reading for Meaning lesson about comets, asteroids, and meteors.
Homework: Pluto project is due on Monday; it is a test grade (summative assessment)
- Warm Up – Page 178 & 179. Copy the chart provided in your notebook twice. One on each page.
- Announcements – take your science fair projects home. If you do not want to keep your board, please take it to the recycle bin.
- Space History – April 12, 1961: Yuri Gagarin, first man in space. April 12, 1981: first launch of the space shuttle, STS-1, Columbia.
- Planet exploration musical chairs.
Homework: Pluto project due on Monday.
- Warm Up – Page 176: Copy today’s date and EQ. Write one fact about each of the planets.
- Spring Sky Watch Challenge Week 3, Level 2: Leo the Lion
- Concept Attainment lesson to answer the EQ.
Homework: Continue to work on your Pluto article.
- Warm Up – Page 174: Copy today’s date and EQ. Then, write three sentences telling me what you know about the debate surrounding Pluto.
- Sky Watch Challenge Week 3, Level 1: Gemini. Find Procyon and look up. More info here.
- Pass backed and discussed Test 3. Reteach is Wednesday morning and Retest is Monday, April 16. If you cannot make these times, please talk to me by Wednesday.
- Pluto: What’s the big deal? compare/contrast lesson started – planet info
- Warm Up – Page 172: What would you like to review for tomorrow’s test?
- Spring Sky Watch Challenge Week 2 Level 2: Orion Nebula (see slide show for more info).
- Test information
- Review information
Homework: study for tomorrow’s test
- Warm Up – Copy today’s EQ on page 170.
- Completed our moon phases notes.
- Moon facts notes.
- Eclipses notes.
Homework: Study for your test on Thursday over History of Exploration and the Sun-Earth-Moon system.
- Warm Up – Page 168: How can we figure out why we see moon phases?
- Week 1, Level 3 Sky Watch Challenge Object: Pleiades. You can find out more about the Sky Watch Challenge on the information page.
- Moon Phases Investigation with Lunar Landing Video. If you missed this in class today, you need to make arrangements to meet with Mrs. Wilson to make up the investigation.