We retook our weather patterns and climate test today and then worked on a table about what we know regarding days, weeks, months, and years.
- Moon Journal – created. Remember to look for the moon starting tonight until March 20th.
- Completed discussion of the basic movements within the Sun Earth Moon System.
- Wrote our initial ideas for why we have seasons.
Homework: Moon Journal
Completed our review of air masses, fronts, weather patterns, and climate. Remember that our in class retake is tomorrow. Please study the new notes we worked on the past two days as well as your prior notes and study guide.
Third – Fifth Periods:
- Discussed and took notes on days, weeks, months, and years.
- Discussed the basics of the Sun Earth Moon System.
- Comet PanSTARRS: visible after sunset in the west this week. For more information, check out NASA’s info. Remember, if you can’t see it, try binoculars.
If you plan on retaking the weather patterns and climate test, please complete the study review and come in tomorrow morning. If you cannot make tomorrow morning, make sure you schedule an alternative time with me next week. Weather Patterns and Climate Retake assignment
- Passed back and discussed Friday’s test. First period will have an in class retake on Thursday. Anyone else who would like to retake the test should plan to come in Thursday morning. If you cannot make Thursday morning, please talk to me so we can set up an alternative date/time.
- Passed back and discussed the PBA from last Monday.
- Began talking about why we measure time the way we do.
Homework: Third-Fifth periods, dress to go outside tomorrow as part of our lesson will take place outside.
A friend of mine who is a Team Kennedy teammate from advanced space academy this summer and also part of my MicroGravity eXperience team is in the final eight for the Great American Teach Off. You can vote once a day until Sunday. She is an amazing teacher. It would be awesome if you could take a moment to go vote for her. Thank you!
We took our weather patterns and climate test on Friday. We will discuss this test and the results in class Tuesday. After the test, you should have completed your reflection (one paragraph summarizing something you learned during this unit and a picture) on page 146 and a Sun-Earth-Moon System cover page on 147. I will be checking cover pages tomorrow.
If you did not take the test on Friday of if you would like to retake the test, the retake/make up test will be this Thursday. I will provide study materials in class on Tuesday for those of you interested in the retake. (The test scores were posted yesterday.)
For first period, I have decided to offer a whole class retake during class time. We will review tomorrow and Wednesday, and the retake will be in class on Thursday. We will discuss this in class more tomorrow. If you have any questions before then, please feel free to leave a comment or email.
Homework: Finish cover page on 147 for the Sun-Earth-Moon System.
- Turned in severe weather cookbooks.
- Climate notes on page 144.
- Test review.
Here is the study guide key: WeatherPatterns-Study-Guide-Key
Remember to look at the post from Tuesday for study materials. Also, if you are missing your weather forecast map, here is a blank map. USA The data is further down the page.
Homework: Study for tomorrow’s test!
Also, don’t forget that there is NO SCHOOL on MONDAY!
If you need to make up a test from when you were absent, I am holding a make up test session tomorrow at 8:15. Please plan to attend if you need to make up a test. Thank you!
You can also come in to work on your cookbook. Remember, it is silent work time.
- Notebook pages 133-145. (We’ll fill in 144/145 on Thursday.)
- Textbook pages 490-506 and 518-524.
- Study guide: WeatherPatterns-Study-Guide
- Study review slides from Mr. Carley
The test covers the following concepts:
- Air masses
- Reading weather maps
- Forecasting the weather
- Storms including thunderstorms, tornadoes, flash floods, and hurricanes