What are your big dreams? For me, I have always wanted to go to space. I haven’t had a chance yet, but I think I am getting closer all the time. In 2013, I had a chance to float in microgravity with NASA.
I love to explore and learn new things. In 2014, I studied the Chattahoochee River (a major river in Georgia) from near its source at Horse Trough Falls to the mouth in Apalachicola Bay. I learned so many new things about the Chattahoochee River.
I think of myself as a creative person. Do you? Being creative isn’t just about drawing pictures; it’s also about the way you think through a problem to find solutions. I had a chance to meet Bill Nye the Science Guy a couple of years ago. I’d say he’s a pretty creative person. Would you? Right now I am really interested in the Maker Movement.
One of my favorite quotes is “Dare Mighty Things!” We can’t expect great things to happen to us if we do not attempt to do things that are hard. John F. Kennedy said that about the moon. “We choose to go to the moon… not because it is easy, but because it is hard.” What will you choose to do this year because it is hard? Two summers ago, I climbed up a 32-foot pole, stood on the top of it, and jumped off! It was challenging, and a little scary. Don’t give up on things because they hard because you’ll be glad you dared!
Some Random Facts about Mrs. Wilson
- I have three pets: a golden retriever named Devon, a black and white cat named Halley, and a grey tabby and white cat named Newton.
- My husband is named after Neil Armstrong.
- I like to run (but I’m not fast).
- I grew up in Florida.
- I taught outside of Atlanta, GA from 2006-2016.
- I’ve met a lot of astronauts. Believe it or not, they are ordinary people who just have a super cool job.
- Teaching is the best job in the world. The only thing that could possibly make it better is teaching from space! (maybe one day…)
- Blue is my favorite color.
- Eight is my favorite number.
- I wish I was better at taking selfies.
- I love the internet.