Lonely Reader by h.koppdelaney
Our final challenge in the Kick Start Your Blog Teacher Challenge is all about finding and keeping readers. Here are a few things I think will help gain readers.
- Use a widget to automatically tweet your blog posts. I use Twitter Blog.
- If you don’t use Twitter, what are you waiting for? Here are four posts I wrote about getting into Twitter: one, two, three, four.
- Invite people to be a guest blogger on your blog.
- Be a guest blogger on someone else’s blog.
- Join a blog carnival. (I once shared a post for Standards Based Gala #3 and there is more information here.
- Host a blog carnival.
- Post regularly. If you want your audience to read your blog, you have to provide them with something to read.
- Make sure your blog is easy to read and fast to load on mobile devices. I just installed the WP Mobile Detector plug-in so my blog will load faster on different mobile devices.
- Interact with your readers through comments. Go read and post on their blogs.
- Participate in a blogging challenge. It’s been fun to get to know all of you, and I will continue to follow your journey!
Since starting this challenge, I installed a statistics tracking plug-in that has helped me to see how many people visit my blog. This is awesome. I have a lot more visitors than I realized. I also signed up for FeedBurner so I can see how many people are subscribing to my blog’s feed. However, I do not think I am engaging conversation well in all of my posts. This is something I still want to work on so that dialogue will increase.
What else should I be doing to promote my blog and also develop readership and conversation? What are your favorite ways to engage your readers?