10 Things about Mrs. Wilson
- I have a golden retriever named Devon and
a black and white cat named Kittytwo kittens, Halley and Newton.
- I like to “run” races, which means I walk a lot and run a bit. I have done several 5Ks, 10Ks, and half-marathons including the Peachtree Road Race.
- I grew up and went to school in Florida.
- I like to draw and create graphic designs. You can see a sketchbook I completed for the 2012 Sketchbook Project here. I also created the graphics for this web site.
- I have been teaching science at Lanier Middle School since August 2006.
- I love science and technology. I think of myself as a science nerd and a tech geek. I also love to blog, and I love using Twitter to make connections to really cool people like scientists and engineers and astronauts.
- I have seen two shuttle launches from the press site: STS-132 and STS-135, which was the last shuttle launch ever! I also saw the launch of the Mars Science Laboratory carrying the Curiosity Rover to Mars.(Click on the links for my videos of the launches.)
- I went to Space Academy for Educators the past two summers, which was one of the most amazing things I have ever done! Trust me, you’ll be hearing a lot about this throughout the year!
- I LOVE SPACE! If you hadn’t figured that out before, I just thought you should know. Be prepared to make a lot of connections between Earth science (the study of Earth) and planetary science (the study of other planets).
- I have been married for 12 years to my husband, Neil Wilson. He was named after Neil Armstrong, which is really cool since I love space! Also, he is from England, so he has a really cool accent!