There are many great sites with more information about the benefits of using Twitter an educator. I’ve compiled a list for you in case you would like to do some further research.
- Twitter for Teachers – Site offers information about how teachers can use Twitter to create a PLN (personal learning network) as well as using Twitter in the classroom.
- Twitter4Teachers – A wiki directory of teachers on Twitter. You can find people to follow and add yourself to the list.
- Top 100 Tools for the Twittering Teacher – an overview of 100 tools you may find helpful from ways to manage Twitter to classroom tools.
- Nine Great Reasons Why Teachers Should Use Twitter – a great list to help convince you.
- 10 Things Teachers Should Know to Get Started with Twitter – a great blog post to help you as you start out. Explains @replies, direct messages, retweeting, and other Twitter-isms.
Hope these links give you an even great perspective of the value of using Twitter as an educator. Have you joined Twitter yet? If not, what are you waiting for?